Thursday, April 1, 2010

Are you in today as a result of an accident?

I am banded!! Day 2!!
Let me regress, went in on Tuesday, in admissions she asked me "Are you in as a result of an accident?" I said "Yes, I accidently got fat!!" She laughed. Gotta love those standard procdure questions!
So go into my room about 10am. Was meant to be fourth on the list, but got bumped up, so Mum saw me wheeled away by about 11:45am. They put a nice warm blanket on me and I was to wait. The nerves were building, I was all alone, wondering what I am I about to do?? Tony then came in and asked how I was "Very nervous".. he said that's normal and he said that he would look after me and see me in three miniutes.. Then my anthestist Cameron came in and again asked how I was "Still nervous"...
I then got wheeled into the operating room. 6 people in there all together. I had to slide onto the operating table... BP went on (up a bit) and then I meet the other people. I remember saying how big the light was (huge!!). Then had the prick of the IV bit. He then said, you will feel like you are on drugs for about 30 seconds then pass out. Great! The room was spinning, faster an faster (oooh...oooOOOOOOOoooo) then I wake up in recovery.
I complain how noisy it was (bloody machines beaping all around me). I got asked how long I thought I'd been there... 10 mins? no, 30. I remember (?) Cameron saying how I wouldn't let go of his hand (held held it while the anthestic was going in!!)Tony came up and told me that he had to take my belly button ring out (damn hard thing to get back in) Then I was wheeled back to my room.
Mum rang me, Tony rang her about 1 to say it all went wel!! Now I know why people call him Dr Dreamy! He is quite lovely!
Timmy, Dad, Rachel, Mum Liz and Jake all came to visit. I felt very special.
Overnight I had to get up three times to go the toilet due to the fluids they were pumping into me, and it wasn't too hard to get out of bed without too much pain....
Went home the next day at 11am. Mum gave me a shower, had some up and go, apple juice and just sat around watching TV, with a bit of walking every now and then.
The gas pain is the worst!! I think most of it is gone. but sheesh.. takes your breath away!!
Right now though I am very proud I got it done, even though tender. Thank you to everyone who has been supporting me!! Now the real fun begins!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the other side - sounds like it couldn't have gone any smoother :-)

    Now you just have to recover and get through the liquids and mushies and you'll be right as rain :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyyy.....congratulations!! Don't take any notice of my rantings and ravings in my latest post....I am being a sooky la la at the moment...I get over it!! You will not regret this in any shape or form.....well done! The transformation begins:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay glad to hear your doing well and are home! Rest dont over do it and dont lift heavy items! I learnt the hard way!!! Keep us updated xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! Sounds like it all went perfectly. :)

    Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete