Saturday, June 26, 2010

ponderings!

You know it's been three months since being banded and I have been thinking.
In three months I have lost 12 kilos. I am now sitting on about 86.5. That is bloody amazing for me really. I have gone down at least a pant size and can now stop shopping in the larger areas of shops! I have more energy, but on some days would like to have a bit more.

Last year I applied for some pretty swish schools in Melbs and got four very swish interviews. I weighed about 98 kilos then. I didn't get any of those jobs, even though I look great on my cv. I have held some leadership positions in schools and had then had 6 years teaching experience. I do often wonder if I didn't get those jobs because of my weight? I'll never know that answer.

Loosing 12 kilos has given me confidence within myself. I am wearing nicer clothes, not just clothes that cover me up and over my fat arse... I am wearing make up! Huge chance. I NEVER used to wear make up. My Mum tells me that I am a million times happier!!
I am about to start a Graduate Certificate in Educational Leadership through the Uni, which in turn will give me half my masters subjects.

I have applied for a principal position at a wonderful school that I have previously have taught at. It closed on Friday. I really would like that job! Dooley would even move back to Tassie if I get it. It means moving a bit away from Hobart but not too far.

Hopefully my confidence came through in my answers.. I should hear late this coming week if I have an interview. Finger crossed. The best bit is the person who is principal wants to leave!!! Woot..

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I just started to follow your blog. Good luck with the job. You are doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its amazing how much confidence you get from losing weight isn't it? I was the same with make up! Good luck with the job :)

    ReplyDelete