Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The fat girl

So I am tired of being the fat girl.
Tired of trying so many things and having them fail.
Here is a list of what I have tired:
Weight Watchers (twice)
Celebrity Slim
Ultra Lite (very low carb and was hard to stick to)
Seeing a PT
Starving myself
Overeating (of course this didn't work)
Xenical
There must be more, but that is a big list.

I also have had a 24 hr BP monitor on my arm, as (see below) I had high blood pressure. It turned out to be a bit above average...

Today I went to Dr. M (who is lovely) and I told him of all the things I have tried to do and it's doesn't work.
He took my BP (which was a bit high, but it always is at the Dr's - white coat syndrome one of my other Dr's said!!) He weighed me. 94.2 kilos. Measured me - 160cm. MY BMI is 36.7! - OBESE
Oh by the way I am 31, with no kids, a wonderful family and very supportive stick thin partner!!

He then said "Well you're a prime candidate for lap banding." I nearly fell off my chair. Finally a Dr. that just doesn't say eat less, exercise more. He is someone who listened to me. He gave me a referral to see Dr. S (S for special!)

As I left his office he said he was proud of me. I asked why? He said because you've taken the first step! I love my Dr.!!!!!!

So I am booked in for Friday the 19th Feb 2010 at 4pm. Problem is I have to take half a day off work (I am a primary teacher am work 1hr 20 mins out of Hobart). So I rang them up myself (my Dr's clinic booked it for me) and explained y situation. She was really lovely on the phone, and she tried to squeeze me in before I start back at school next week - no luck. However she was going to see if maybe I might be able to get in this Friday. I told her to call me if there are any cancellations. Fingers so so so crossed, as I don't want to take too much time off work.

That's the story so far.

I will write a few more blogs and add a few photos within the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment